For the More Active
- How about Hang Gliding over the Downs at Glynde?
- Beachy Head Marathon (or Half Marathon) in October, one of the most challenging routes taking in stunning scenery
- Eastbourne Half Marathon in March
- Mountain Biking on the Downs or through Friston forest – Bike Hire available at Exceat
- Canoeing at Exceat
- Walking along the South Downs Way start at any point from Eastbourne westwards
- Eastbourne Walking Festival in September
The location of Little Marshfoot is ideal for cyclists, as there is easy access to the Pevensey Levels which are flat and more or less free from traffic.
Alternatively the Cuckoo Trail which is completely traffic free is only half a mile away.
Those who may prefer a more challenging ride can travel north out of Hailsham and climb up onto the High Weald, travelling through unspoilt villages.
Walk across the Pevensey Levels, along the South Downs Way or through the ancient forests of the High Weald – there are so many beautiful places to visit, and other than on Sundays or Bank Holidays you find yourself very much away from anyone and everyone.